The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
Scope of The purpose of the position is to plan, organize, execute and coordinate Procurement of goods, consulting and non-consulting services for the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MICT) internally and to initiate and follow up with the National Procurement Authority. Work:
09 May 2018
MCIT – NTA – 017
15 Jun 2018
Number of Vacancies:
As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Years of Experience:
0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• To Assist MCIT Procurement Unit and work along with the Senior Procurement Advisor to address the procurement needs of MCIT.
• Identify the most appropriate procurement approach in handling procurement activities.
• The incumbent should be able to prepare REOIs/ RFPs/RFQs and Shopping documents in the light of the Afghanistan Public Procurement law and manual
• The incumbent should be able to coordinate the projects SoWs (Scope of Work) and technical specifications of goods and services in accordance to the need of project and requirement of NPA
• The Procurement Specialist shall provide overall procurement guidance and support before, during and after the bidding/selection process to the assigned procurement committees and Procurement Unit
• The Specialist must be able to create a tracking mechanism to follow up the status of the projects with the technical requestor teams, Procurement Unit and to coordinate/follow up with the NPA
• The incumbent will assist the Head of Procurement Unit in developing, reviewing and processing annual procurement plan and to follow up with requestor teams and the NPA for approval
• To coordinate and assist the Evaluation Committee members for drafting, reviewing and finalizing the TERs, CERs and EoIs shortlisting report also to close out the projects with the NPA
• Timely correspondence with bidder’s enquiries for clarification and projects coordination with the NPA and other MCIT departments
• The incumbent should be able to draft, review award notifications, contract/agreements in the approved NPA templates
• Should be able to report on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress report to the Senior Procurement Advisor and the Head of Procurement Unit
• The incumbent should provide facilitation and technical assistance for the development and implementation of MCIT procurement activities in specialized areas of goods, non-consulting services and consulting services with NPA
• Should be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Afghanistan Public Procurement laws, manual and circulars
• Should be able to analyse all technical and financial aspects of every procurement processed
• Should be able to monitor, track and expedite all procurement activities and deliver status to Sr. Procurement Advisor and MCIT Procurement Unit on a daily basis
• The contender should be able to write contract negotiation minutes, procurement justification memos and comprehensive status reports as required by the Sr. Advisor and MCIT Procurement Unit.
• Any other duties assigned by the management, procurement head and Sr. Procurement Advisor
• Demonstrated experience of conducing budget analysis on central and/or provincial level;
• Knowledge and expertise in data analysis and presentation;
• Proven leadership and managerial skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
• Ability to coordinate a team and different stakeholders in a complex work environment.
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, public Administration or any other related field.
• With master’s degree 4 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 5 years relevant professional experience in the field of public financial management, finance and other financial matters.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.