The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of
Afghanistan has received Project Preparatory Grant/Fund from the World Bank for execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified Individual Consultant to work Contract Management Specialist of the Project to carry out relevant contracting management of the project.
This Consultancy Support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to expand and strengthen the Regional and National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) expansion and strengthening of broadband connectivity in Central Asia and South Asia Region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “Govnet” to connect most of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual
Consultant to work as Contract Management.
This Consultancy Support is essentially required to assist the MCIT’s Procurement Department in carrying out Contract Management for the Procurement packages under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The scope of duties of the Contract Management Specialist will cover of all types of contracts management agreements under the Digital CASA project. This will involve preparing and managing all aspects of the Contract management, including oversight, completion and disposition of the contract file.
08 May 2018
15 Jun 2018
Number of Vacancies:
As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Years of Experience:
0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Senior Procurement Specialist in Preparation, reviewing and clearing procurement plan for the project and procurement monitoring plan for the project;
• Assist the Senior Procurement Specialist in Preparing, reviewing and clearing commercial aspects of bidding documents/RFPs, bid evaluation, short-listing and technical evaluations for all procurement activities required under the project;
• Following up on contracts with concerned government departments and the World Bank and follow up on the projects contracts regularly.
• The CMS serves as single point of contact for all official communications with contractors and shall draft/review.
• The CMS is responsible to for draft, send, receive, and archive all official correspondence with contractors.
• Ensure appropriate action is taken and the contractor’s request is responded to in a timely manner.
• Track deadlines for submission of contractor reports/Invoices and to ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
• Coordinate relevant departments to review quality and content of contractor reports for compliance with MCIT require departments and request additional information if needed.
• Establish timetable for contractor report submission and communication.
• Keep track of all contract activities and make sure that all the consultants, suppliers and contractors are paid as per the payment schedule set in the contract.
• Develop a tracker for all contracts and inform the Project Team Leader of any deviation, amendment and changes in advance.
• Coordinate with, providing necessary training or assistance to other Departments of MCIT on procurements.
• Any other task assigned by the Project Team Leader.
• Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners.
• Extensive working experience in dealing with various reports and information analysis a distinct advantage.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Government’s administrative systems as well as the Government’s clearance and approval procedures applicable to procurement.
• Fluency in English and national languages (Pashto and Dari) and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
• Master or Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business /Public Administration, Procurement, Law or any other related field;
• With Master Degree minimum 3 years and with Bachelor Degree minimum5 years’ experience in Contract Management under donor funded projects or International NGOs.
• Experience with World Bank funded projects and sound knowledge and understanding of World Bank procurement guidelines and procedures is an asset.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of procurement law and procurement rules and procedures for public procurement in Afghanistan.
• Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting processes and requirements.
• High integrity and accountability, good team work spirit.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 28February 2018;
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and Information Technology.
PLEASE MENTION POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.