The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received Grant from the World Bank for execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior E-Services Specialist for Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
This Consultancy support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to strengthen the Regional and expand National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) strengthening of broadband connectivity in the region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “GovNet” to connect some of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual
Consultant to work as Senior E-Services Specialist in Digital CASA PIU.
Conduct Detail Current Business Processes Assessment or As-Is Processes of the Prioritized Processes in various Directorates and Departments.
Real Time Database
Requires travel to provinces:
· Experience in E-Gov platforms/services development is required.
· Experience of working in Donor funded projects will be an advantage.
· Practical knowledge of HTML 5, .Net and/or Java development platform is required and familiarity with other/latest application/web development technologies will be an asset.
· International Certification(s) in relevant field will be an advantage.
· Fluency in English and in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto) and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English required.
· Proven inter-personal skills;
High integrity and accountability, leadership and good team work spirit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Monitor the contractor’s work who will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Conduct Business Processes Assessment and consultation with various stakeholders for the selected egov services in MCIT and other government organizations.
· Develop the Inventory of all Processes for selected eGov services in related Departments/Directorates of the selected organizations.
· Create Inventory of Business Processes in Government to Business (G2B), Government to Citizen (G2C) and Government to Government (G2G) manner for selected eGov services in related Departments/Directorates of the organizations.
· Development of Prioritization Matrix and selection of parameters for the Business Processes.
· Development of Statistical Criteria (Six Sigma Approach) for Prioritization and Selection of Business Processes in related Departments/Directorates of the selected organizations.
· Conduct Detail Current Business Processes Assessment or As-Is Processes of the Prioritized Processes in various Directorates and Departments.
· Develop the To-Be or Business Processes Re-Engineering for the selected As-Is Processes.
· Develop the To-Be or Re-Engineering the Forms used in the As-Is Processes.
· Development of Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) for the selected modules.
· Development of Software Requirement Specification (SRS) for the selected modules.
· Conducting Demo Testing of the developed modules.
· User Acceptance Test (UAT) for the developed modules.
· Transfer of knowledge to relevant staff of MCIT.
· Check the technical specifications and proposed technologies and models of the contractors and advise changes when required.
· Monitor plans and progress of contractors’ work, who are conducting assessments, surveys or developing selected e-Gov systems and services for the government of Afghanistan through Digital CASA Project.
· Check the systems developed by the contractors’ and make sure that they follow the defined standards.
· Be responsible for and make sure that contractors’ of Digital CASA project meet their technical contractual obligations and deliver the intended services/projects on time.
· Propose new eGov concepts and ideas for innovative e-services for MCIT & government of Afghanistan.
· Any other task assigned by the Director of Digital CASA Project Director.
· Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or any other relevant IT /Computer engineering fields.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in e-services application and database development.
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Brochures, Description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills etc.).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the The World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018.
Expressions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed Resume) must be submitted by 22 of May 2019, 16.00 Kabul time to: