|(MCIT) Activities and Achievements Report 1399 (Government Accountability to Nation)
||Download from here
|(MCIT) Activities and Achievements Report 1398 (Government Accountability to Nation)
||Download from here
|(MCIT) Activities and Achievements Report (1st Quarter and 2nd Quarter) 1399
||Download from here
|Achievement report and government accountability to nation (Presentation) 1398
||Download from here
(MCIT) Activities and Achievements Report 1399:
Achievements in the Post Services:
The main goals and responsibilities of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, as the responsible body and director of the information and communication technology sector, is determined to pave the way for digital transformation by designing the required policies and implementing national projects, private sector activities, creating new facilities of information and telecommunication technology, in order so that our country and people can be included in the digital economy in line with other countries of the world.
Achievement report and government accountability to Nation 1399
In order to achieve these goals and reach to a new digital society, self-sufficient, the Ministry tracks the following major goals and responsibilities:
- To promote information technology in all sectors
- To provide affordable, secure access
- To Attract national and international investments in this sector
- Providing and legalization of digital services in Afghanistan
- Automation and simplification of the processes of public services.
- Creating an ecosystem (inclusive context) for digital transformation
- Creating, facilitating, and promoting the digital economy
- To transform Afghanistan into a crossroads for data transit in the region
Achievements in the postal service sector during 1399:
Afghan Post is one of the important departments that provide postal services to the citizens of the country under the supervision of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. In the fiscal year 1400, the company will operate independently
The department has attained the following achievements during the fiscal year 1399.
- Repairing and reconstruction of 35 post offices in the first and second degree have been completed. Only in cold provinces is it temporarily closed due to the cold weather, which continues after the weather warms up.
- 200 motorcycles and 15 vehicles have been purchased to collect and deliver postal packages from districts to provincial capitals.
- (3329431) incoming and outgoing postal items, domestic and foreign, have been carried out in the Capital and provinces of the country.
- The transfer and distribution of (96371) documents approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have been done through post offices in the capital and provinces.
The distribution of (527591) passports has been done through post offices in the Capital and provinces of the country.
In the field of quality of information technology services (during the fiscal year 1399):
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has gotten the following achievements in the field of quality of information technology services during 1399:
- The equipment has been procured for the development of the Internet Exchange Center (NIXA Upgradation).
- As much as 23 large internet service provider companies have been connected to the Nixa device for security and control of internet traffic in the cyberspace of the country, and some others have been surveyed.
- Equipment for Electronic certification system for government websites and creation of electronic authentication system SSL (Sockets Secure Layer) for distribution of digital certificates, has been purchased and is in the process of being installed.
- A technical survey has been completed in order to develop the Afghan cybersecurity team against cyber-attacks.
- The security system for the Cloud Infrastructure and the National Information Center has been surveyed.
- Launching an online Higher Education Management System in cooperation with the Ministry of Higher Education.
The infield of Fiber Optic Regional Connectivity:
Fiber optics is one of the services of Afghan Telecom and is one of the largest infrastructure projects in the growth of the telecommunications and information technology sector in the country.
Fiber Optic transmits information in the shortest time and the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology in this sector has achieved the following successes during the fiscal year 1399:
- The survey of the fiber optic cable extension to the Republic of China has been done through Wakhan from Faizabad to the Chinese border. The request for money to extend the Wakhan Corridor fiber optic has been sent to China, and the work is underway.
- The connection to Kazakhstan via the fiber optic network has been prepared by Afghanistan, but due to the financial and technical problems of Tajikistan, the project failed to be completed.
Connecting government departments and schools to the Internet and fiber optic
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, in accordance with the plan and policy of digitization of government offices and strengthening e-government in coordination with relevant departments to connect government offices to the Internet via fiber-optic network or wireless system, has begun surveys and preliminary work.
During FY 1399, the following achievements have been attained:
- In order to connect government offices in the centers of 34 provinces of the country to the Internet (via fiber optic cable network or wireless system) a survey was conducted to provide the necessary bandwidth of the Government Network. Four companies have submitted their price offers and further studies are ongoing.
- The process of connecting 160 schools with fiber-optic networks in 25 provinces is underway.
- Connecting work of 500 schools in the provinces via WiMAX and Point to Point is underway.
In the Asan Khedmat Section:
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology gained the following achievements at the beginning of the fiscal year 1399 until the Asan Khedmat department was officially assigned to the Statistics Office.
- The land has been identified for building the Asan Khedmat center in Herat, Kandahar, Nangarhar, Balkh, Khost, and Paktia provinces.
- The Asan Khedmat center was established in Khost province, which provides public services regarding the issuance of passports, work license, ground transport, martyrs, and the disabled.
- The salaries of the Ministries of Education, Labor, and Social Affairs employees have been paid through mobile.
Activities for job creation during the fiscal year 1399:
Based on the staff recruitment plan, The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has taken practical measures and has announced the vacancies through open competition during the fiscal year 1399.
In this section, it has succeeded in creating directly and indirectly employment.
- As much as 45 experts and professional staff have been hired in development projects to improve the work and upgrade the technical capacity of the employees of the MCIT.
- 172 employees have been hired in vacant positions based on the salary system.
In indirect employment:
- In the telecommunication and information technology sector, it is estimated that about 200,000 individuals have been indirectly engaged in work.
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology Future plans for the fiscal year 1400
- Development of Afghanistan's information technology (development of e-government in education, higher education, and health);
- Development of Internet Exchange Center of Afghanistan (NIXA)
- To Transform Afghanistan's National Information Center to iCloud
- CASA Digital Project Implementation
- paying salaries via mobile (MSP)
- Implementing the projects of the Ministry's reform unit
- of infrastructure Development for certification and electronic transactions (ARCA)
- Creating a ground station of satellite for the Education and Health sector
(MCIT) Activities and Achievements Report 1396:
- Preparing M-governance Strategy
- ICT policy arrangement
- Arranging and completing E-government Strategy
- Arranging and completing the Master Plan and E-government Strategy
- Completion Draft of National Strategy for Cyber Security.
- Preparing Open Access Policy
- Policy for the development of ICT Industry
- Extension 44000 line of Digital Phones in Ahmadshah Baba Maina and Shahrak Omidsabz Towns in Kabul, Aino Town in Kandahar Province, Shindand District of Hirat, and in Lashkargah City of Hilmand province.
- Extension of a 637 Km long Fiber Optic Network on the Jalalabad, Konar, Jabilsaraj, Kapisa, Bagram and Khost route, Gholam Khan Port and Bamian-Mazare Sharif- Dara e Soof- yakowlang and Lata Band route, Bamian- Yakowlang, Srobee- Pole Gazak and Kandahar Province to Kandhar Airport.
- The preliminary test of PAC and final test of FAC of CCN projects in Baghlan, Polkhomri, Taleqan, Charikar, Khost Farah, and Ghazni.
- Designing Fiber Optic Projects of Kandahar- Orozgan route, Khawak Pass road of Panjshare, Baghlan, Bamian- yakowlang cross route towards Dara e Soof, Kabul city ring road from Kampani to Logar route and Chaghcheran- Hirat route in cooperation with the Ministry of Public works.
- To find the way of solutions for, Postal and telecommunication problems, suggestions and requirements of the provincial directorates have been referred to the relevant department and related authorities have been assured after receiving the required information.
- Report on the implementation of development projects and quarterly expenditures the development budget of 1394, has been prepared and sent to the central statistics office of Wolesi Jirga and the Ministry of Economy.
- Reasons for failure in using the budget for development projects in 1393 and 1394 have been prepared and sent to the Ministry of Finance.
- Reports of major achievements of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology for government accountability to the nation were arranged and sent to the Office of Administrative Affairs in 1394.
- Measures were taken, views and recommendations on the fifth protocol between Afghanistan and Turkmenistan regarding the Fiber Optic Network have been sent to the ministries of Foreign affairs and Economy.
- Draft of a new memorandum of understanding between Afghanistan and Tajikistan on the expansion of further cooperation in the field of telecommunications services has been sent to the Directorate Executive Office.
- Draft of cooperation in the field of telecommunications and postal services which is set to be signed between the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of Afghanistan and China has been designed.
- Views and suggestions regarding the report of the 25th ECO Planning Council Meeting were presented, the first meeting of the ECO Geomechanical Committee, the outline of Strategic Control Plans and the Reduction of Air Pollution Resources have been submitted to the National Environmental Protection Agency.
- The court decision on ownership of the property of MCIT in the district of Kart e Naw has been received and the final decision has been sent to the Kabul Municipality Planning and Implementation Department. Due to the lack of funds, the land test for the construction five stories buildings has not been carried out on the Maiwand Road, Nangarhar, and Balkh.
- 42 Channel map, primary, secondary- cable Rooms and MDF device of Kart-e- Naw network enveloped in a two carton with two soft CDs were sent to Afghan-Telecom Company.
- The extension of the fiber-optic network on the north-east and central route has been completed in total length (279 km) and the following actions are carried out.
- Equipment and all required tools for the 1000 km fiber optic cable network have been provided.
- The extension of the Fiber Optic Network in the northern East of the country in (254 km) length has been completed and has been put into operation.
- Extension of the Fiber Optic network from the city of Kandahar to Taluqan city of Takhar Province in the length of (138 km) and the extension of the fiber optic network from the city of Taluqan to the city of Faizabad (116 km) has been completed and the corresponding SDH equipment of the fiber optic has been installed and put into operation.
- Extension of the fiber optic cable network along the Jabal-Saraj to Bamyan-Yeahwalong route, covering 252 km, and from Jabal Saraj district to Gurband District in the length of (25 km) and SDH equipment on sites have been installed.
- A joint test for a resistor of HDPE fiber optic with engineers of the Ministry of Public Works in the ongoing road construction project has been performed.
- Preparing Concept and Proposals for Development Projects.
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the telecommunications sector have been determined.
- Foreign scholarship in international telecommunication organizations has been followed up, and necessary measures have been taken to use a large number of fellowships.
- Commenting on the questionnaire of the International Telecommunication Union and relevant websites (UPU, APPU, APT, ITU GSMA ICANN, GAG, and SAPU) have been reviewed.
- A number of 577 staff members of the Ministry participated in scholarships, seminars, fellowships abroad in 1394 and 1396.
- Foreign trips of the staff are registered in 2015, 2016, and 2017 databases.
- Arranging reports on the implementation of development projects
- Arranging reports on the implementation of the 100-day plans of the Ministry.
- Reports on implementation of the anti-corruption plan
- Arrangement of reports on the implementation of development projects and Ministry's plan on the basis of the results
- Collection of the plans and reports from central departments of the ministry as well as 34 provinces.
- Submitting reports to the National Assembly.
- Collection of statistics numbers of telecom and postal services and filling up quarterly and yearly statistical reporting forms for various related departments.
- Preparing Report of the activities and main achievements of the MCIT and its delivery to the relevant authorities.\
Recent achievements of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology