Apr 10, 2021
Apr 23, 2021
Number of Vacancies:
Computer Science, Information Technology
As per the company salary scale
Years of Experience:
Possibility of Contract Extension:
Dari, Pashto, English
About Ministry of communication and IT:
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) plays an effective role by serving as a tool for good governance, economic development, and poverty reduction. Significant progress has been achieved in Afghanistan in recent years in the expansion of telecommunication and ICT infrastructure, adoption of ICT in the government, development of E-Government foundations, and penetration of ICT in all aspects of social and economic life. Understanding the importance of females in the sector, Digital CASA wants to support MCIT in offering a 9 monthly’ internship program to those female graduates who have received their bachelor degree from IT/Computer-Science departments in the past two years and have not yet succeeded in finding a job relevant to their field of studies.
The effective implementation of this internship program will result in an increased level of participation of female IT graduates in the sector through their exposure to the environment and practices of different technical departments at MCIT. Moreover, they will gain work experience, required skills, and competencies aimed at effectively reducing the existing knowledge gaps with their male counterparts.
The main purpose of this Internship program is to enroll female IT graduates for ICT capacity building via a structured approach aimed at reducing existing gender gaps observed in the ICT field and the challenges that they may face.
The program will run for 9 months and will recruit 40 ICT/computer-science graduates to gain practical work experience in technical directorates of MCIT as well in Digital CASA. The program applicant’s selection process will be conducted transparently to ensure that the most suitable candidates are recruited.
- To encourage equal participation of females in the ICT sector of Afghanistan.
- To motivate girls and women to take part in the field of technology and work closely with the relevant experts.
- This internship program provides work experience in a professional environment.
- o, increase the number of females in the technology sector of the country.
- Reduce the experience gap when they are in search of jobs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the manager or assigned staff member and completing all allocated tasks.
- Attending technical meetings, workshops, and events.
- Assist in preparing information and research materials; create and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage databases and input information, data, and records.
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from the relevant departments.
- Gaining experience working in a team
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the relevant department interns.
Support that will be given to the Intern in the relevant Directorates of MCIT:
MCIT shall provide the following support:
- A suitable working space inside the MCIT Complex.
- Internet connectivity in Office.
- Transportation Allowance
- Food Allowance
- Applicants should be Bachelor’s graduate from Computer Science.
- Should be familiar with the national languages of Afghanistan.
- Should have good knowledge of MS. Office
- Should be well aware of the organizational behavior
- Must be motivated, organized, and possess good communication skills
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) now invites eligible applicants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested applicants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Letter of interest, Educational verification documents, etc.).
Applicants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the internship program requirements.
Expressions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed resume) must be submitted by 4th of 23 2021, 16.00 Kabul time to:
Please write the name of this vacancy (Digital CASA Internship Program) in the subject line of your email.
Applications sent later than the indicated date/time will not be considered.
This application is open only for female applicants.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org