Deputy Of Policy and Program
THE BRIEF BIOGRAPHY OF DEPUTY
- Arranging, organizing and obtaining development budget.
- To arrange and unify the plan based on the results, proposal and concept notes.
- To attract financial and technical assistance through communication and coordination with relevant national and international agencies.
- To arrange and develop policies to the administration for providing better services in the country.
- To pursue Memoranda of Understanding and Treaties.
- To Prepare and arrange statistical information.
- Providing coordination and communication with telecommunication unions.
The Planning and Policy Department consists of three directorates, the duties and responsibilities of which are as follows:
- Analysis, Statistics and Reporting Department
- design and planning department
- policy and cohesion department
Afghanistan Postal Regulatory Authority (APRA) established as the policy making and monitoring agency of activities of government postal service institutions and private organizations to provide postal services in Afghanistan.
Directorate of Afghan Post Service and many more private provider postal services (DHL, TNT, FDX, Bakhtar Express Post and Move on Logistic) already has the license and operates in postal market of Afghanistan.
In order required measures to be taken, it is Therefore to the notice of citizens if there are any problems or complaints raised pertaining delivering services or they indicate that individuals or institutions are providing service illegally without license from APRA, are kindly requested refer the case to Directorate of APRA located in building of Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
Therefore, in accordance with its bill, the above-mentioned directorate is obliged to develop short-term and long-term policies for the postal sector in the country in order to adjust the goals and requirements of the postal sector as per the World Union Standards. To enrich and develop the necessary policies, a committee under the supervision of the Deputy (Policy and Programs) Minister was established in coordination with this directorate and representatives of the Post Office, the Postal Services Regulatory Authority (APRA) and the Plan and Policy Department to develop new post policies.
Work is currently underway on the policy draft.