OFC [NORTH EASTERN ROUTE] PROJECT OF MCIT, UNDER AFGHANISTAN ICT SECTOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
MCIT's PRESS RELEASE ON INAUGURATION
OFC [CENTRAL ROUTE] PROJECT OF MCIT,
UNDER AFGHANISTAN ICT SECTOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
1) The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan received a Grant of 50.00 Million USD from the International Development Association (IDA-The World Bank) in June, 2011 for Afghanistan’s ICT Sector Development Project to be implemented by MCIT. The Project Period as given in the Finance Agreement between the World Bank and the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is five (05 years) with effect from 14th June, 2011.
2) In the Procurement Plan of the ICT Sector Development Project, an amount of 27.00 Million USD has been allotted to Expanding of Connectivity, which is planned to be spent to connect Bamiyan, Daikundi, Chagcharan, Takhar and Badakshan Provinces(including 13 Districts on both the Routes) by Optical Fiber Cables(OFC) with the existing OFC Ring of the Country.
3) On the Central Route of Afghanistan, Optical Fibre Cables & Systems will be Commissioned to connect Bamiyan, Daikundi, Ghor and 10 Districts on the Central Route of the Country.
Ten Districts to be connected on this Central Route are:
---Shinwari---; ---Siyagard---; ---Shekh Ali---; ---Shibar---; ---Yakawlang---; ---Panjab---; ---LalWaSarjangal---; ---Dawlatyar---; ---Waras---; ---Shehristan---.
All these Nodes will be connected with the existing Fibre Ring of the Country at Charikar's Switch of MCIT.
4) For Commissioning of these 13 Nodes on the Central Route, Installation & Commissioning
of the Optical Fibre Cables will be done by Gulf Homebase International Construction
Company (called GHICC) of Afghanistan, in Joint Venture with Aster Private Ltd. of
Hyderabad-India. Optical Systems and other Technical Equipment for these 13 Nodes will be
provided by ZTE Corporation Ltd., China.
Voice and Data services will be provided at all the Provincial Capitals and Districts mentioned above which will allow the Customers to make Voice calls and also use broadband Internet Services.
5) His Excellency Amirzai Sangin - Minister of Communications & IT will inaugurate the
OFC (Central Route) Project on 3rd April, 2013, in Charikar area.
6) His Excellency Governor of Parwan Province, H.E. Deputy Minister-Technical of MCIT
and H.E. Deputy Minister-Finance & Admin of MCIT will also grace the occasion. Senior
Management Staff of MCIT and the Contractors will also be present.
Issued by: Ministry of Communications and IT,
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan