About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom, IT and postal services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the relevant agencies on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The Media & Public Relation Expert will work under direct supervision of Chief of Staff & Spoke Person Office. He/she will perform the following duties but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design digital media campaigns aligned with business goals. Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g. website, blogs, press releases and podcasts). Stay up-to-date with digital media developments
• Establish ministry web presence to boost brand awareness. Maintain a strong online company voice through social media. Suggest and implement direct marketing methods to increase public awareness of MCIT programs and projects;
• Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification;
• Set up and optimize ministry pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the ministry social content;
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information;
• Assist the Media & Communication Unit in Formulation of PR plans and strategies. Enhance the ministry’s voice and presence through online and offline channels. Present solutions in times of PR crisis;
• Assist and provide extensive help in managing media relations and requests. Write press releases and prepare information for the media, speeches and do other PR tasks.
• Lead survey initiatives and analyse public opinion. Prepare and update media distribution list regularly;
• Prepare agendas and prepare briefing materials. Provide proof reading, design and production expertise and management. Provide technical expertise in each medium (publishing, electronic, video, and live event management);
• Assist the Minister Office in planning of events, fairs, conferences, exhibition etc. Support the implementation of promotional plans.
• Overseeing the monitoring of media reports. Coordinating media access to campus and providing media management for special events;
• Capacity development of media and communication staff in their fulfillment of media relations roles and advise on internal communications, necessary skills and capacities to deliver the assigned tasks and media results effectively and timely manner;
• Working closely with the Senior Leadership, Minister Office and the Communications Team at MCIT to assess and evaluate existing communications capacity and needs of the ministry, including an analysis on existing communication strategies;
• Identifies and develops appropriate communications strategies, policies, manuals and regulations to support MCIT objectives and deliverables, internal and external communication plans.
• Any other duties assigned by the leadership, Minister Office and Spoke person.
Skills & Competencies:
• Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills;
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge;
• An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines;
• Proven experience as public relations. Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives;
• Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.). Excellent oral and written communication skills. Aptitude in presentation and public speaking;
• Superior written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal with and influence internal and external stakeholders;
• Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated experience writing compelling, engaging and effective media releases, opinion pieces, responses and speeches.
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing & Media, Political Science, journalism, PR, communications or any other relevant field
• With master’s degree 5 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 7 years relevant professional experience is required;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.