Invitation for Applications
Invitation for Applications
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Communication Information Technology/AFTEL
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Hiring of voice carriers for carrying and terminating Salaam and Afghan Telecom International Traffic, NPA/MCIT/99/NCS-2759/ICB
- The Ministry of Communication Information Technology, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, intends to apply a contract from (AFTEL) budget for Hiring of voice carriers for carrying and terminating Salaam and Afghan Telecom International Traffic against Contract Package No: NPA/MCIT/99/NCS-2759/ICB
- National Procurement Authority (NPA), on behalf of Ministry of Communication Information Technology, invites Eligible Applicants to submit Applications for Prequalification under this procurement.
Description of Services
Bid Security Validity period in number of days
Bid Security amount in USD or an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency
Hiring of voice carriers for carrying and terminating Salaam and Afghan Telecom International Traffic
3. Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in the Public Procurement Law of Afghanistan and any Circulars made thereunder.
4. Qualifications requirements include:
(a) Financial Performance
Submission of audited balance sheets or if not required by the law of the Applicant’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last [Five] years to demonstrate:
(a) the current soundness of the applicant’s financial position and its prospective long term profitability, and
(b) Capacity to have a cash flow amount of US$ [300,000 USD] or equivalent amount
(b) Specific Services Experience
1. The carrier shall have their experience documents that they are the actual (Prime) voice carrier, the carrier shall attach at least [one] contract within the last [Five] years, with a value of at least [900,000 USD], or [Two] contracts with a value of at least [1,500,000 USD], that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Non Consultancy Services. The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6, Scope of Non Consultancy Services.
2. The carrier shall provide list of Mobile Network operators to whom the bidder is offering the voice services.
3. The carrier shall provide at least 100 interconnection contracts with mobile operators MVNO’s and wholesaler to prove their interconnection contracts, AFTEL have the right to reference check those Interconnections (proof through traffic report, copy of contract, or confirmation from the contracted party of the mentioned experience)
(C) Average Annual Services Turnover
Minimum average annual Services turnover of US$ [1,500,000 USD], calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last [Five] years
5. Interested eligible bidders may download the Prequalification Document from NPA website www.ageops.net and further information on the submission of a written application to the address below or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, They may also inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 08:00 am to 4:00 pm on any working day from Saturday to Thursday.
6. Applications must be delivered to the address below at or before March 30, 2020 @10:00 AM hrs Kabul time. Late applications will be rejected. Applications will be opened immediately after the deadline of Application submission, at the same place of Application submission in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person.
7. The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Administrative Office of the President(AOP)
National Procurement Authority(NPA)
City: Kabul City, District 2
Telephone: +93 020 2147554