Fiber Optic development strategic Objectives in Afghanistan
As a result of the rapid development of telecommunications and information technology, this phenomenon has become an integral part of modern life.
Today, there are few people in the country that do not use smartphones,telecommunication and internet services. On the other hand, today we are so hooked to technology that if one day we are away from it for any reason, we will feel the need for it.
Along with the progression of technology and innovation, the shape and quality of tools have also changed to a great extent.
At the beginning of the invention of the telephone, copper cables were used to transmit information and sound, but today, with the advancement of technology and increasing human needs, these cables have been replaced by a new generation of signal conductors or fiber optics.
Due to the capacity of transferring huge bandwidths at high speed fiber optic networks are the best choice for using new technologies. Fortunately, the leadership of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, despite security challenges, has been able to connect 25 provinces of the country with fiber optic network thus far.
With the development of fiber optics, the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology tends to hunt the following strategic goals:
- Changing Afghanistan into an information transit hub in the region
- Creating the ground for universal access to information technology services nationwide
- Providing environment for the use of information technology in health, education and training areas.
- Providing basic infrastructure for connecting usage the National Fiber Optic Network
- Providing foundation for creating an information society.
In order to achieve the above objectives, the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has designed a plan to develop a fiber optic network in country.