About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom, IT and postal services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the relevant agencies on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The Senior Planning & Policy Advisor will work under direct supervision of the MCIT Minister and report on his activities/accomplishment to the Chief of Staff office; He/she will perform the following duties but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in close collaboration with the internal and external partners to determine which areas will require evidence-based policy analysis and develop approaches to addressing the needs and objectives of the ministry;
• Work closely with the Minister Office & Policy & Planning Department to draft briefing papers to assist and Support officials in understanding the proposed policy reforms by highlighting areas of concern and possible success;
• Provide substantive inputs and analyses towards the preparation and coordination of briefing notes and background materials on the policies, strategies, work plans, MoUs, Project Agreements to Minister Office in close coordination with the relevant departments;
• Under the guidance of the Minister Office ensures coordination and following-up with all relevant department and stakeholders on results and task bound activities, including policy development, policy analysis and annual work planning and ensures timely submission of required materials and quality assurance of the documents;
• Develop and implement a management tracking system and process to allow for effective management of the ministry work plans and assigned tasks. Provide report to the Minister Office and update the system on regular basis.
• Provide assistance to the ministry internal department in preparation of the Directorate’s work planning, budgeting, and reporting on Directorate results; as well as monitor the Directorate’s work plan and budget and provide periodic reporting to the Minister Office;
• Assist the MCIT Senior Management in reviewing and assessing the existing policies of the MCIT to determine if the policies are consistent with the government development framework or these policies are having the desire effect;
• Assist the MCIT Senior Management in identifying the gaps and causes in the existing policy framework and assess the long-term implications of these gaps and causes on development and on the Afghan economy and provide solutions;
• Assist the MCIT in developing recommendations for new policies, or changes to existing policies that will be consistent with the goals of the GoIRA; that can are economically and politically viable within the Afghan context; that are feasible and can be implemented in a timely and cost effective fashion;
• Assist the MCIT and Minister Office in providing regular and on time information to the president office, cabinet, High Economic Council, ICT Council and other stakeholders on MCIT progresses, achievements and establish coordination and cooperation among different government ministries;
• Assist the MCIT in identify opportunities for direct private sector investment in the Afghan economy, consistent with government policy, to increase economic growth, employment and to provide goods and servies required by the Afghan people;
• Provide Support to the development of productive multi-level relationships with ICTs’ primary donors in Afghanistan. Assist in raising resources from the Private Sector (corporations, individuals, foundations, NGOs) for the Programs; solicit contributions; provide on-going donor stewardship, evaluate and assess partnership results;
• Assist in Negotiation contributions and partnership agreements and pipeline management of new partnership opportunities. Management of a portfolio of current partnerships, gather and analyse information about fundraising trends, regulations, and practices; accurate timely briefs prepared on issues concerning fundraising;
• Design event management manual/plan. Organizes major ICT Conferences, workshops and events by coordinating the planning and logistics of such event with the help of the media team, operation department and other resources;
• Provide communications support and strategy to projects across the ministry. This includes working collaboratively to fully understand projects and initiatives, assessing the issues and implications and developing a communications plan to support the project. Development of effective and productive multi-level relationships with ICTs’ primary donors in Afghanistan;
• Assist the Chief of Staff Office, policy & planning and other departments to prepare funding proposals, reports and respond to donor/government queries.
• Preparation of concepts and proposals, prepare briefings to the leadership e.g. High economic council, cabinet, council ministers and others;
• Support Chief of staff Office in institutionalization of coordination and reporting mechanisms for the Cabinet, High economic council and Minister’s council, functional clarity and establishing a sound internal information flow system.
• Any other duties assigned by the ministry leadership.
Skills & Competencies:
• Knowledge of the global development agenda. Familiarity with policy research methodology and analytics;
• Ability to contribute to the development of approaches to capacity-development. Demonstrated skills in contributing effectively in team-based setting, especially in the areas of knowledge-sharing and learning;
• Strong skills in networking and on-line and face-to-face facilitation. Ability to write clearly and convincingly, adapting style/content to different audiences. Familiarity with, and ability to fully utilize current knowledge management technologies and social media-based systems;
• Experience conducting and organizing big events, conferences, exhibition etc
• Willing to help others, as necessary to achieve objectives and works as part of a team;
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
• Advance University Degree (Master’s or bachelor’s) in Public Administration, Policy development /Analysis, Political Science, economic, business administration, International relations or any other related field.
• With master’s degree 5 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 10 years relevant professional experience is required;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.