About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom, IT and postal services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the relevant agencies on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The Senior Communications Advisor will work under direct supervision of the MCIT Minister and report on his activities/accomplishment to the Chief of Staff office; He/she will perform the following duties but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working closely with the Senior Leadership and the Communications Team at MCIT to assess and evaluate existing communications capacity and needs of the ministry, including an analysis on existing communication strategies;
• Strengthen existing outreach and communication tools. Assist and train the MCIT communications team with the necessary skills and capacities to deliver the assigned tasks and media results effectively and timely manner;
• Design event management manual/plan. Organizes major ICT Conferences, workshops and events by coordinating the planning and logistics of such event with the help of the media team, operation department and other resources;
• Identifies and develops appropriate communications strategies, policies, manuals and regulations to support MCIT objectives and deliverables, internal and external communication plans.
• Provide proof reading, design and production expertise and management. Provide technical expertise in each medium (publishing, electronic, video, and live event management);
• Provide communications support and strategy to projects across the ministry. This includes working collaboratively to fully understand projects and initiatives, assessing the issues and implications and developing a communications plan to support the project. Development of effective and productive multi-level relationships with ICTs’ primary donors in Afghanistan;
• Assist in Negotiation contributions and partnership agreements. Pipeline management of new partnership opportunities and management of portfolios of current partnership;
• Establish and maintain good relationships with media stakeholders, internal and external stakeholders. Identify and create media opportunities and respond to media enquiries.
• Provide advice on the ministry’s strategic directions, manage and maintain media distribution list, write media release, undertake media monitoring and provide report to the ministry leadership (but will not act as spokesperson for MCIT);
• Provide high-quality communications advice and support across the organisation and help ensure that the quality and consistency of media and communications output is maintained and enhanced;
• Assist the Chief of Staff Office, policy & planning and other departments to prepare funding proposals, reports and respond to donor/government queries.
• Provide donor stewardship through effective dissemination of information, communications support, and partnership reporting;
• Assist in raising resources from the Private Sector (corporations, individuals, foundations, NGOs) for the Programs; solicit contributions; provide on-going donor stewardship, evaluate and assess partnership results;
• Preparation of concepts and proposals, prepare briefings to the leadership e.g. High economic council, cabinet, council ministers and others;
• Support Chief of staff Office in institutionalization of coordination and reporting mechanisms for the Cabinet, High economic council and Minister’s council, functional clarity and establishing a sound internal information flow system.
• Any other duties assigned by the ministry leadership.
Skills & Competencies:
• Experience conducting training sessions on effective communications, including: strategy, planning, media, events, publications and monitoring and evaluations;
• Superior written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal with and influence internal and external stakeholders;
• Demonstrates acceptable commitment to the organisation. Listens to and understands others; can transfer thoughts, ideas and concepts effectively orally and in writing;
• Willing to help others, as necessary to achieve objectives and works as part of a team;
• Experience managing media projects is desirable;
• Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated experience writing compelling, engaging and effective media releases, opinion pieces, responses and speeches.
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Political Science, journalism, Public Administration, International relations or any other related field.
• With master’s degree 5 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 10 years relevant professional experience is required;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Media
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.