The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The proposed system Content Management System (CMS) was considered after reviewing the functional and technical challenges experience by Afghanistan National Data Center. There is a requirement of disintegrated but scalable system which allows to centralize management as well as central control for future upgrades and updates. The main objective of this job to Plan, Manage, Execute, Control and Maintain the CMS Project implementation.
01 May 2018
10 May 2018
Number of Vacancies:
As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Years of Experience:
0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Assists in development and implementation of copy standards and processes.
• Proofs for accuracy of content and corrects as needed.
• Assists in organizing media into correct channels/versions of media.
• Ensures all standards/formatting styles are adhered to in all media.
• Assists in the collecting, organizing, formatting and editing of copy/content for digital media using a PC workstation.
• Formats, edits and loads content for the retail web store.
• Manages a content and project schedule.
• Assists in development and implementation of web content standards and processes.
• Assists in tracking content/assets where necessary.
• Coordinates closely with the web producer and the rest of the web team.
• Assists in the collecting, organizing, formatting and editing of all image content for print and digital media.
• Understands all prepress requirements, including but not limited to, color correction and photo manipulation and completes all work necessary to output a press-ready digital file within printer's deadlines.
• Understands all digital imaging requirements, including but not limited to, color correction and photo manipulation, and completes all work necessary to output web-ready images and files.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• manage your company CMS, working with developers and editors to ensure it is meeting the needs of your organization
• conduct content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the site content
• create and implement content schedules for people to produce or update content
• produce maps and visualizations of the site to help staff understand the structure and function of the website
• write and edit web copy
• source, commission and sometimes edit images and videos
• develop policies relating to your organization’s web content, such as a house style
• analyses analytics data to learn how users interact with your site
• survey users and hold focus groups to learn about how they view your site
• train staff in writing and producing content for the web
• Stay knowledgeable about your site's subject area
• highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
• experienced with one or more CMS'
• strategic, and able to oversee large projects and coordinate the work of others
• an excellent writer and editor, with good spelling and grammar and the ability to adapt to house styles
• able to research, collate and summaries information from different sources
• logical and analytical, with an ability to spot patterns, gaps and repetitions in web content
• able to communicate confidently and clearly with a variety of stakeholders
• knowledgeable about the website's users and industry
• Willing to stay up to date with developments in your subject area and in developments in the digital world.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or Software Development- Master Degree will be preferred.
• Industry Certification is Preferred
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
• Proven technical skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
• Ability to coordinate a team and different stakeholders in a complex work environment.
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.